The coronavirus disease (COVID-19) remains a threat to businesses and the community at large and we will continue to act responsibly to that threat. Lawcover is regularly monitoring the situation and closely follows government guidelines to ensure delivery of our services, while safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Continuation of services
Lawcover has not had an incident of COVID-19 infection however we continue to operate in accordance with our pandemic and business continuity plan. The implementation of that plan provides confidence that we will continue to deliver our usual services to our insured law practices.
What action is Lawcover taking?
Our senior management team is monitoring progress of the pandemic via federal and state government media. We are evaluating our responses based on government information to ensure that we are managing our exposure in a responsible and measured way. We are reviewing the situation regularly, however in the meantime:
- We have transitioned the majority of staff to working at our workplace however, this is being monitored weekly and is adjusted to accommodate the needs of individuals and our safety protocols
- Our IT infrastructure allows secure access to core business systems for staff working from home, in order to continue services to insureds
- Each of our customer facing staff (solicitors, practice support and insurance staff) will continue to deal with queries through email and telephone wherever possible
- Face-to-face business meetings are restricted and remote communications will be used as the preferred alternative wherever possible
- Our face-to-face Practice Support Services risk management education program events have recommenced however, we will continue to monitor the situation and act accordingly.
As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to respond appropriately and keep you informed of developments.
If you have any questions about business continuity or availability of our staff during this period, please contact us by email or telephone.