As the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) continues to spread and government, businesses and the community at large accelerate efforts to reduce the immediate impact, this update addresses how Lawcover is responding to ensure delivery of our services to you and the health and wellbeing of our staff.
Continuation of services
Lawcover has not had an incident of COVID-19 infection however we have implemented our pandemic and business continuity plan. The implementation of that plan is to provide confidence that we will be able to deliver our usual services to our insured law practices. If there is a timeliness or other impact on our ability to do so, we will make every effort to minimise its impact on you.
What action is Lawcover taking?
Our senior management team is monitoring progress of the pandemic via federal and state government media. We are evaluating our responses based on government information to ensure that we are managing our exposure in a responsible and measured way. We are reviewing the situation daily, however in the meantime:
- We have transitioned all staff to remote working
- Our IT infrastructure allows secure access to core business systems in order to continue services to insureds
- Each of our customer facing staff (solicitors, practice support and insurance staff) will be able to deal with queries through email and telephone
- All staff are currently working remotely. Face-to-face business meetings have been rescheduled and remote communications will be used as an alternative wherever possible
- All face-to-face Practice Support Services risk management education program events to June 2020 have been cancelled. We will investigate replacing some of these by digital means where possible
- All business related air travel has been cancelled and staff have been asked to avoid air travel for any purpose
As the COVID-19 pandemic progresses, we will continue to respond appropriately and keep you informed of developments.
If you have any questions about business continuity or availability of our staff during this period, please contact us by email or telephone.